The selected examples are used to illustrate the point in a way a simple cowboy soul can understand. Cowboy logic is a perfectly good mental model applicable to most life situations.
Specific examples used in this presentation are listed below:
- Slide 2: “Why do we do the things we do the way we do”. LifeLock Bank TV Commercial 60.
- Slide 4: “People are just like horses … only less smart”. 2012 Extreme Mustang Makeover Winning Performance – Elisa Wallace & Fledge.
- Slide 16: “…Anybody can herd cattle!”. EDS, an HP Company ‘Cat herders’.
- Slide 21: “Objective: Successful individual and collective performance”. Budweiser Clydesdale commercial 2006 Super Bowl.
- Slide 23: “Mission analysis: …Why organizations function the way they do”. The Damn Few: The Wizard of VA, Season 2, Episode 1.
- Slide 27: “Miscalculation: Surely a unicorn?”. Fortune: Walgreen’s is officially cutting ties with Theranos.
- Slide 32: “Curve-ball: the melamine scandal”. NTDTV: Possible cover-up in China milk scandal.
- Slide 33: “Curve-ball: No eco-terrorists but a rogue businessman”. CCTV: New Zealand police investigate threat to contaminate baby formula.
- Slide 34: “Curve-ball: The order (Chernobyl 1986)”. Zero Hour: Disaster at Chernobyl Discovery Channel (2004)
- Slide 38: “Mission analysis: Identify non-essential activities within organization”. Ministry of Silly Walks – Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
- Slide 39: “Critical collective tasks: …individual tasks shall directly support mission accomplishment”.Mr. Bean removing bullet in operation theater.
- Slide 40: “Train for emergencies: …limit improvisation and human error”. First Aid Fail //The Office US.
- Slide 41: “Train for emergencies: …limit improvisation and human error”. CSB: Macondo Blowout and Explosion.
- Slide 44: “Design: Conditions and standard”. Holsteiner mare.
- Slide 45: “Design: Sequence matters!”. Hometown Colonel from Monty Roberts Willing Partners Program.
- Slide 46: “Design: Job aids & site selection”. Horse logging-training of a young Belgian draft horse.
- Slide 56: “Tests: Account for student creativity”. Exam cheating technology in Japan.
- Slide 66: “Objective: Successful individual and collective performance”. Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial – Clydesdales 9/11 Tribute (2011).